In this episode we are joined by Richard Hay to talk about his experience with Windows 10 and what he expects on the July 29th release day.
Gabe Aul & his team are constantly pushing updates out to the last full build that was released, with one security update released each day for the last few days.
Will Microsoft switching to pretty much mandatory, automatic updates be a good or bad decision? Time will tell, but you can hear our thoughts right here, right now.
As always thanks for listening!
If you are not already doing so, make sure to follow Richard on Twitter at @WinObs.
Weekly Poll Question
- Current question – How will you be upgrading to Windows 10? – Cast your vote here
Tip of the Episode
Pick the exact color shade you want for your Start screen tiles.
- Find the exact color you want & find its hex code
- Pick a color approximately 20% brighter than that
- Save it as an image
For example, Windows 10 blue: #0078d7, choose a tint of #3293df
Much of the focus of this episode is on the upcoming release of Windows 10. Starting first with Insiders who have been testing the preview builds from day one, Insiders have seen Windows 10 grow & change as feedback was submitted & taken into consideration from the Windows team.
We also discuss some of the 950 & 950 XL Windows Mobile renders created over at Windows Central based on source information gathered by Daniel Rubino from his sources. Pretty sharp looking device, but what do you think?
App coming to Windows Mobile
- Send – an instant messaging inspired email app from the Microsoft Garage Project currently available on iOS, but coming soon to Android and Windows Mobile
- Music Picks
- David – Steam Powered Giraffe – The 2¢ Show (album)
- Richard – Devin Sinha (@Giffdev)
- Kevin – AC/DC Live!
- Be responsive! Do not leave people hanging
- Also, do not just favorite a tweet. If you like it, retweet it to help spread the word about it to your followers. They may enjoy it as well.
Thank you for listening and/or watching the MS Mobile Show!
If you are not already subscribed, please visit our Subscribe page to find out how to subscribe with your favorite app or service.
To support the show, please visit our Support & Advertise page in order to find out how to help keep this show going.
We have options for not only companies, but also for individual Patreon style methods priced for every budget.
As always, thank you for listening and/or watching!