On episode 53 of the MS Mobile Show, Vernon is joined by David Smith of the Surface Smiths podcast to talk about some of the recent goings on at Microsoft.
Thank you to all of you who have joined us on Slack! We are thrilled at the interaction and discussions going on there.
Want to see what you are missing and would like to interact with us and other fans of the show? Simply visit MSMobileShow.com/slack, fill out the contact form and then we will send you an invite to join the channel as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing your there!
- Previous – Which older Windows Phone should John C. purchase to replace his old phone? Lumia 1520, Lumia 930, Lumia 830, or HTC One M8 for Windows)
Main Discussion Topics
- Tay, Microsoft’s new AI bot made it just one day online as a hip Millennial female. Apparently she made some racist remarks and had her plug pulled.
- Skype is now shifting to a UWP, which will replace pretty much everything that we have now. Still unknown just what will happen to the current integration in Windows 10 Mobile.
- Microsoft may back the purchase of Yahoo?
- Surfacebook / Surface Pro 4 Power Issues
- February 17th Firmware
- Helps for most
- Paul Thurrott “I’ve spent less money on cars.”
- David Smith “My current car cost less”
iPad 9.7 Pro
- Competing with Surface 3 and Surface 4 Pro
- Surface Phone – Lack of Rumors
- Atom Based
- Could it exist?
App Coming to Windows Phone
- App Picks
- Vernon – Face Swap, by Microsoft Garage (Suggested by Nate in the Slack channel)
- David – Universal Version of Skype
- Music Picks
- Vernon – G-Easy
- David – If I had a Million Dollars – Barenaked Ladies
- Podcast and/or other Picks
- Vernon – Hardcore History, by Dan Carlin
- David – What the Tech
- Alcohol Picks
- Vernon – Leinenkugel
- David – Hibiki Suntory Whisky
We appreciate every one of you who listens to the MS Mobile Show on a regular basis. We love the interactions as well. Without you the listener, the show becomes a pair of guys rambling on.
The show is produced and accessible for you at absolutely no cost to you other than time to listen.
While we love to bring this show to you, we would love to be able to have some more fun and have the ability to be able to buy things like T-shirts, coffee mugs, devices and software to be able to do regular giveaways like other websites and podcasts.
To do this, we would ask if you could spare as little as $1 per month ($12 a year) to help us achieve this in 2016. As many listeners as we have, according to our stats, we could do some serious giveaways if every listener signed up for just $1 per month.
To support the show, and help us make this possible, please visit our Support page in order to find out how to help this happen.
As always, thank you for listening and/or watching!