Thanks for taking time to check out the show!
If you enjoy this show and would like to hear more, be sure to subscribe to the show. You can do so using your favorite podcast app, or by visiting msmobileshow.com/subscribe. We also have a video version of the show, available on YouTube, if you are so daring.
One thing you should do is to follow the show on Twitter, at @MSMobileShow. Right now we are running a contest: Every person that is following the MS Mobile Show Twitter feed by the next time we podcast will get their name in the hat to win a $20 gift certificate to the Microsoft Store. Be sure to let your friends know, too!
Tip of the Episode
Skype on all platforms
- Video, of course. Skype is still the best VoIP service.
- Messaging works well. May not have the stickers that Facebook does, but the benefit is that you will not have to use Facebook.
- Works well on desktop. “Metro” app needs some work.
- No real “web” interface yet, like GroupMe, but integration into Outlook.com and Office Online works well, without too many bells and whistles.
For this episode, we were honored with contributions by Daniel Rubino and Richard Devine, both of Windows Central fame. The four of us discussed many things Microsoft, but not nearly as much as we would have liked. Daniel and Richard have so much great insight, we could have chatted about Microsoft Mobile for hours. Here are some of the things that we discussed:
- Overall take-aways from Mobile World Congress
- Where the Lumia 640 and 640 XL fit into the long-term device plan for Microsoft
- How the Microsoft Band might be welcomed in the markets outside the US
- Why a non-tech-enthusiast may want to choose the Band
- What can be expected from a “Hero” device running Windows 10 for phone, and why it isn’t already available
- Mobile payments on Windows devices, such as PayPal, as they could and should compete with Apple and Android Pay
- Why Cortana everywhere changes the game
- What is means to use the Spartan Browser and have Cortana everywhere
- Despite the Apple TV has dropping in price to $69.99, why Microsoft may not want to dive into owning the living room with a direct competitor
Windows Phone app picks
Vernon: ADP Mobile Solutions
Richard: Wallet Pass
Daniel: Fedora Reader
Xbox Music Picks
Vernon: Led Zeppelin
JJ: Windows Developer Show with Ryan Lowdermilk and Travis Lowdermilk
Vernon: The Tekbeard podcast, with Adam Doud, Clifton Thomas, and Ryan St. Andrie
Daniel: Joe Rogan Experience, with Joe Rogan
We were glad to have had Daniel and Richard share their thoughts and opinions, and we appreciate all that they do to inform Microsoft fans of the ongoing and developing stories that affect us all. You can find Richard and Daniel on windowscentral.com, or on Twitter, where they can be reached at @ricker666, and @Daniel_Rubino.
Thank you for listening to episode 003 the MS Mobile Show! If you enjoyed the show, we’d love it if you listened again! The best way for you to do so, is to subscribe to the podcast with your favorite podcast app. You can find the link at http://msmobileshow.libsyn.com/rss Visiting MSMobileShow.com/episodes will get you the option of video, if you feel the need to subject yourselves to that kind of punishment. We’d love to hear from you what you are using to listen to the show! You can contact the show via Twitter at @MSMobileShow, via Facebook MS Mobile Show, Google Plus MS Mobile Show, and email email@example.com.